Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tablets / Ereaders

I've been seeing more and more intrest in readers. Then the Ipad came along and again provided another avenue. Sadly I have a bad tast in my mouth regarding Apples propriatrary methods. I want to be the one in control on my device no matter what we are talking about. So I'm looking for the best open source / Linux solution for tablets. I'll list a few here:

Pandigital Novel 7-inch Color Multimedia eReader  $149.99

Barnes & Noble Nook $149 to 199 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp

Touch Book $299 https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/store/home.php

Google tablet (conceptual not yet released).

This looks good but the price is high... You do get more...

Neofonie WeTab $571 to $723 as of this post (Not available in the US yet) 

I'll add more Info as I get it. Please Post your comments.

My first glance pick would have to be Pandigital Novel, however, the reviews are still not fully read. I may decide that the device is too unproven and does not have enough support behind it.

-Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers