Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Teaching

It has been busy for me at EMC, As a VNX File Coach I assist and Teach Engineers to better resolve Technical issues that End Customers see in their Environments. Recently I've been doing more classroom Teaching. I've always found great Joy in passing along understanding and application of Knowledge. When I heard that EMC has put together a program called EMC gives back Where I was able to volunteer at a local Elementary school in their reading program. I was very excited to volunteer! I was able to see the spark in the eyes of young children as they picked up the concepts I taught. The Feeling was marvelous to make a difference for a child. This experience has inspired me to seek opportunities where I can share what I know with others. There is a cooperate education collaboration effort that has been made with universities and colleges in Utah.One of the coaches on my team, who was previously an Teacher in Colorado, was contacted to teach the EMC ISM (Information Storage management) course at LDS Business College in Salt Lake City. I had mentored her in our file coach position, so we often talked. She asked me if I would substitute for her for a time. I took the opportunity. Later, She was hurt in a Ski Accident and didn't want to take on the next semester. I asked more about taking over the position for her. I visited with LDS BC's management and was able to take the position. I now am an Adjunct Professor at LDS BC! As I enjoy the position, and learn more, I'll share!

-Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers