Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hackintosh

Some people have said that creating a Hackintosh is an interesting project. Someone I know played with this idea. They had a older MSI Wind net book and decided to see if they could get the software to run.

They did it! After the install, I was able to play with the hardware and while it was strange to see Apple os on a Netbook. The speed was nice, I would say better performance than XP that was on it. While I do not endorce use of pirated materials the concept of a Unix / Linux system that has such an exceptional GUI as a Mac on a 1.6Ghz processor is appealing.  The ability to come in and out of Sleep VERY quickly was nice. 


In the future, I'm told that they will try Windows 7 Starter to see what performance they get out of the MSI Wind net book.


All in all a fun time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers